Health and safety
In this test I was asked a series of multi chose questions about health and safety on using and working with computers,
such as - I should spend my breaks doing...
Health & safety
When using the computers I regally took eye breaks every hour and a half for 15mins or more.
I made sure my seat was adjusted to suite posture.
Make sure the screen is at an acceptable distance from my eyes
Make sure there are as little glare on the screen as possible and the screen isn’t too bright.Making My Image
This is the original image of a tree I chose to use for my work
I then put the image into Photo Shop 3 times each image on a different layers, the reason for this is so that I was able to change the size of the images I then proceeded to make the trees brown by choosing the magic wand tool and using the fill tool.
Using a paint brush I filled in the gaps in the tree making them look less cartooned
I then went back over the tree and with a small brush I went over the bits too small to use the fill tool on.
I played with different typed of fire images before deciding the one I liked best.
After taking out the background of the flames with the magic wand tool and the delete button I went on to adding flags onto the trees to hint that the trees resemble countries. I played with the layout and position of the flags.
I decided on placing the Greek flag at the source of the fire, this is to represent that this is where the trouble started.
I then added a background with the paintbrush tool, I tried to make it as dull as possible not to make the image look to bright and take away from the intenseness of the flames.
Final outcome image!
After having feedback from Marni, who pointed out the fire was covering too much of the Greek flag for it to be noticeable, I took this into account and removed some of the flames. I used the clone stamp tool to add fire onto the other tree to show it was effecting the tree around it. I also added flames to the money although it is too small to tell which I am a little disappointed with. I also added a shadow using the technique Lee showed is in unit 2.
I also added text into the background - I DEMAND CONTROL
The reason for this is because I would like to see those responsible take to do ALL that is possible and necessary to take control of the situation and doesn't damage other countries.
sourced images
Self-evaluation Evaluation
P – I really like the how the fire right is consuming the Greek flag, I feel this stands out enough for people to understand that this is where the fire originated.
In one of my versions it was over taken by the fire and Marni pointed out it was unrecognisable taking this into account I changed the fire so that you could still see some of the flag but it was still surrounded by fire.
N – In my final peace I feel that two on the flags too much from the tree. I would of liked to of blended them in a bit more with the rest of the image.
P – I like the gray background I have chosen I feel that it gives me image a smoky effect that could have been caused by the fire.
What I would change
I am happy with the outcome although if I could have the time to change it I would spend more time making the trees looks realistic by adding a wood effect.
I would also make my own flags in Photoshop rather than sourcing the images
I would of like to focused more on the money growing from the trees to make them blend in with the trees to make it look like its growing from the tree rather than sitting on it. I would of also liked to of made all the money green so that it looked more like leaves and let people take a moment to relies what it really is.













No comments:
Post a Comment